Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'M JUST A LONELY BLOG...

How sad is this lonely little blog?  It seemed like a great idea when I first created it, with a promise to faithfully write without fail.  Yet, here it is, impatiently waiting for me to toss it a crumb--a sentence, a paragraph, the occasional photo or even just a copied verse.  Oh, faithful blog, where to begin?  Since last we met, the months of spring and summer  have flown by, filled with activities, yet many hoped-for events left undone.  Now, the end of October looms close with frost on pumpkins longing to be made into pie fillings, while others with sad, drooping faces are in need of being placed on the compost pile.  Many are the last of the garden tomatoes, heavily weighing down their green stems, to be made into canned sauce to be utilized for warm winter flavor.  Well, my blog friend, as you can see, there is much to be done and yet, I am burning daylight with you.  I must get busy with my chores.  But I leave you with this promise--I WILL return to you soon with many a tale of days gone by and with hope of more to come.

2 comments:

  1. I tried several times, about 5 to leave a comment from work the other day. It would not let me so I will try at home. I popped over here to see if you had anything and as Gomer Pyle would say "Surprise, Surprise! Gawawlly! You are so busy with your gardening, granddaughters and great cakes. Maybe some quiet fall or winter evening you will have more time to write. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally missed this post! Here lately I have been trying to make the effort to blog more, myself. And not just that, but take more time to read others as well. Sorry, I missed this one, but I'm with Mom. You are quite the busy lady with new grandbabies & activities. People like you put me to shame and my baby isn't even here yet! lol. :o)

    ReplyDelete